Sunday, April 24, 2011

MAMAW SANDERS

I really wanted to share our happiness with Mamaw.
I had shared many years of happiness with her son, Don, my first husband.
And we had blessed her with beautiful grandchildren.

Now Don was in Heaven.
I knew he would be happy for me.

When we entered her door, she was glad to see us.
We sat down on the love seat and exchanged
a few pleasantries.
I couldn't wait any longer.
I held out my hand to show her my beautiful ring.


Mamaw expressed happiness for us.
She said my ring 'sure was pretty!'


We stayed and visited for quite awhile.
When we stood up to leave
She stood, too.
She reached out to give me a hug.
Then she said
'Well, I guess that's the end of you and me.'
I was so shocked.
I told her that of course it wasn't the end for us.
I would just have two mothers-in-law.
I reminded her that she was the grandmother of
Don's and my children.
She had tears in her eyes.  She smiled.

'Well, that's true,' she agreed.
After I was certain that she had no further
doubts about our continuing relationship, Odell and I left.

To this day, I do not believe she has ever had any doubts.
She knows she is very loved by both of us.
Very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment