Friday, April 15, 2011

A LITTLE BUMP IN OUR ROAD

Please allow me to refresh your memory just a little.
Remember when I told you about my daughter Christy and her concerns for my love life?
She felt that my previous, short lived relationship had been a 'train wreck.'
And she was pretty accurate, I might add.

Anyway, that 'train wreck' had a name.
We'll call him Tim.
We had met, before Odell came alongthrough a connection with one of those three jobs.
Tim had driven over 700 miles for us to meet.
However, to sum it up, this guy just wasn't for me.
After it was over and he had gone home, he continued to call me.
Continually.
He wanted to try and work things out.
Because 'he loved me.'
Even when I told him I had met someone else, the countless phone calls wouldn't  end.

One evening when I came home from work
Odell was there.  Sitting in the dark.
Looking not so happy.
'Tim called,' he told me.
Then he looked straight into my eyes.
'I won't play second fiddle to anyone.'
I put my arms around him and assured him
he would never have to do that.
I told him that he was the only man I wanted.

I didn't take any more calls from "Tim."
And deleted the countless voice mails.
Then I received a beautiful card from him.
Which I read.
And promptly tore up.


It had been over for me before I had even met Odell.
Now it was finally over for Tim, too.
I haven't heard from him since.

The love and happiness I had been blessed to have with Odell
was not something I ever wanted to lose or even considering placing at 'second fiddle' level.

After this little 'bump' in the road
Everything was back to wonderful!



No comments:

Post a Comment