Friday, April 8, 2011

JUST FOR THE RECORD. . .

When Odell and I met, I was quite the working girl!
I was actually working two jobs at the time.

Later, though, he enjoyed stretching the truth.
He really did.  Just a little!
To anyone who would listen.
'Yeah, Barbara was working THREE jobs when
we met. I thought I'd be able to quit working
so hard and we could just live off all the money
she was making!  Next thing I know, she quit all THREE!'

He was joking, of course.
About him not working.
He was the hardest working man I have ever known.
Or ever even heard about.
And while I did hold down three jobs for a brief period, due to an overlap in job changes,
my working three jobs at the same time
was just a bit of a stretch!

Although I must confess he was right about part of it.
Within a month after we met,
I was a lady of leisure!


However, I didn't quit in pursuit of leisure.
Honest.
I was pretty much forced into it due
to some ongoing health issues.

But he loved to tease me about quitting
' so he could just take care of me.'
Which he did!
And he did it so well.  In fact, he quite spoiled me.
And I let him.
Because he loved doing it.
After all...How could I - in good conscience -
deprive him of this pleasure he
so thoroughly enjoyed?
Not to mention, this freed up all of my time.
You know. 
For more important details.

Like planning our wedding.

But I am getting a bit ahead of myself.
However, talk of marriage couldn't be far off.
Of this I felt assured.
After all, we had both declared our undying love
for one another.

Yes, I could most certainly feel a romantic
proposal just around the corner. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment