Friday, April 22, 2011

TIME TO SPREAD THE WORD!

Oh, my goodness!  Where do I begin?
I am engaged to the love of my life!
I couldn't be happier!
Really.
Honestly.
Completely and totally happy.
And I could tell my guy felt just as happy.
You know how most men are.
They don't always show emotion like women often do.
But Odell did!  He really got into it.
He had that really cute grin when he knew
he was making his girl happy.
And I knew that gave him so much happiness.

Wow!  There was so much to do before
our big day. . .our wedding day!

But first. . .
We wanted to drive to Arkansas to tell my Dad.
Dad had yet to meet my soon to be husband.
And we both wanted his approval.
Of course, I knew that would not be a problem.
And it wasn't.

This wonderful man I love so much was quite impressive!
He actually carried out the old fashioned tradition
of asking my dad's permission to marry me.
They had 'the talk' while I was out of the room.
When I returned, Dad and Odell were talking, laughing, and quite comfortable with one another.
                         This is my Dad. And he loved Odell very much.
Of course not like I had fallen in love with him.
But it was hard for anyone not to love Odell.

On the four hour drive back home,
We shared our thoughts of ways we
wanted our beautiful day to be.
My heart felt so full.
I didn't know it could hold so much love.

I felt like a young bride planning her first wedding.
And I knew I would love every little detail!


I had already met his mother, loved her, and felt her love and acceptance in return.
Next, we would go visit with Mamaw Sanders.
Mamaw is my first husband's mother.
She had already met Odell and really liked him.
Who didn't?  What's not to like?
Now we would go see her and share with her
our exciting news!
And show off my beautiful engagement ring.
Naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment