Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A CHRISTMAS BRUNCH...

And a perfect time to meet more of the gang!
That would be my oldest daughter and her family.
And my youngest daughter and her soon to be husband.

Odell had already been to church with me and met my Pastor.
A big deal as you will soon learn more about.
He had spent the evening with my two sons and their families.
And guess what?!  This dear man was still hanging around!


Definitely time to meet the girls!
What a sweet guy!  He was there very early.
Totally ready and willing to help his girl prepare the brunch.
'So he enjoys cooking. . .hmmm. . .that could be really nice!'
Having the man I love in my little kitchen and standing so close beside me.
Close enough to enjoy his aftershave. (sigh)
What more could a girl want?

The doorbell rang!  They were here!
The moment had arrived.  I was anxious to know what my daughters think of this amazing man!

My youngest daughter, Lori, slipped off to the kitchen with me.
She was grinning.  Good sign!
'Mama, he is really cute!'
How sweet.
It sounded like she was talking about a sweet new Christmas puppy.
Instead of my guy.
But I didn't mind.
He would probably look adorable in a Santa hat anyway.
Christy agreed with her sister's assessment.
 And I already knew he had won the approval
of both of my sons.

We all enjoyed food, fun, and gift sharing and more importantly just getting to know one other.
The rooms rang with laughter.
And I felt really warm inside.  Warm and special,
The man I loved was accepted by my children.
The children I loved were accepted by my guy.

I felt God's blessing on us there as I looked around at all the faces I loved so dearly.
And I could feel a big smile building in my happy heart.
The future looked very bright from the perspective of his girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment