Saturday, April 2, 2011

LET'S PAUSE FOR A MOMENT...

Just for today.  Then we'll return to our story.

Today is April the 2nd.
A very special day.
It is our anniversary.
And my first one alone.

We would have been married 12 years today.

Our wedding day was so beautiful!
But I won't go into that day now.
I want to save it for later.
For a chapter in our love story.


Today, I just want to remember.
There will be tears.
There will be laughter, too.

I watched our wedding DVD.
I listened to the lovely songs.
I watched us take our vows.
'Till death do us part.'
I smiled.  I cried.
I cried some more.

Later, I will look at every picture
of our wedding album.
I will remember each beautiful moment.

And, yes I will cry again.

I am going to visit his final earthly resting place today.
I will put a shiny Mylar balloon in his vase.
Alongside the pretty Spring floral arrangement that is already there.
I might even take two balloons.
'HAPPY ANNIVERSARY' and
'I LOVE YOU.'


I can't pretend this is an easy day for me.

But my wonderful husband deserves
my highest tribute!


He is forever loved and in the heart of
his girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment