Wednesday, April 6, 2011

'I LOVE YOU, HONEY!'

I know.  You must be wondering who said it first.

Things were good.  Really good!
Feelings were there that I had thought I would never feel again!
God had brought us together. . .
With a little help from my daughter, Christy.
And from Mike, remember?  Singles Station.
And some of my own initiative, of course.
But mostly God.
He works in ways we can't always understand.

And He was doing His thing.  I knew it.
And I liked it.

Then why didn't I respond back with,
'I love you, too!'
Good question.  So now you know who said it first.

Okay.  In my heart, I felt I knew I loved him.
But I had this mental block.  I needed to be 100% positive.
No doubts.  None whatsoever.

When he said those lovely words
I smiled.
He kissed me.  Of course I smiled.
And I loved it that he told me he loved me.
You know something?
That sweet man didn't act like anything was missing.
Just because I didn't say it back.
He just held me and kissed me again.
If I had said it first and he hadn't responded in kind
I would have been completely self conscious.
Not to mention disappointed.
And embarrassed.
But I just said, still smiling sweetly, of course, 'I'm so glad!'


All the next day I couldn't keep my mind on my job.
I knew why.
It was because I hadn't told him I loved him.
And I knew!  It was like tiny bubbles bursting in my heart!
I love Odell!  I could hardly wait till that evening so I could tell him.
 I was ready to open up that little heart of mine.
The one I had tried so hard to protect from getting hurt.

He was there already when I got home.
I barely got inside the door and I could hold it in no longer.
'I love you, Odell!  I really love you!'
I can still see that cute, almost shy grin when he looked at me.
"Yeah?' he drawled out slowly.  Then I was in his arms.
"I love you, too, honey.'
I tried to explain why I hadn't said I loved him the night before.
I was just a little afraid.
I had to know it was more than just emotion.
He understood.  He always understood me.
It was just one of the countless things I loved about my guy!

As our story continues, you'll be hearing
more of those 'countless' things I loved about him.
This man I still love so much.
My dear, sweet, handsome, amazing Odell.
The man who took very good care of that little nervous heart of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment