Sunday, March 20, 2011

BEFORE ODELL. . .MEET CHRISTY

It is 1997, the year our story began.

 My lovely daughter.
Fun, loving, creative, & talented.
Wonderful daughter, wife,
and mom.


Also Overprotective.
Very overprotective.
Decided my last short, rocky relationship
was a Train Wreck!
And determined that 'no one hurts my mama.'
She then proceeded to take reins in hand and 'fix mama up
with the right guy.'
Hayrides were suggested.  Promising to be plenty of men 'around my age.'
Wrong!  Teenagers everywhere!
Wait!  There's a good looking cowboy hopping
down from his Ford pickup.
Hmmmm....
Never mind.  Just dropping off teenage daughter.
Oh, well.  On to daughter's backup plan. . .
Christian Coffee Club.
This could be a good thing.
Sounds better than an itchy hayride any day!
'Men around my age' were once again promised.
Friend and I had a pricey cuppa Joe.
Left those teens behind.
Nice lady who greeted us
is telling us to 'come back anytime.
we can always use more chaperones!'
Called Christy and gave her the rundown in detail.
She laughed so hard, she actually. . .well,
you know. . .yes
she really did wet her pants!
Now who's getting the last laugh?

Tune back in to see how much bettter things
go when Mama takes back the reins
in search for Mr. Right.

I did tell you there would be humor,
so hang on as we round these crazy
bends together.

No comments:

Post a Comment