Thursday, March 31, 2011

IT'S OFFICIAL!

Well.  Not in so many words.
But we both know.
We are exclusive.

I don't want to be set up with anyone else.
He doesn't either.
And he has stopped seeing the last woman
he dated before this girl!
Just for this story, the last woman will be
referred to as 'Louise.'
Because she was the last, we
'kept her around' just for fun!
But only in our imaginations.
And personal giggles.
In our years together she was
a frequent subject we made
up stories about.
I did tell you we always had fun!
Always together.  I wasn't joking!

But I was 'the one' now.
In his heart.  Always.


The day soon came, he took me to
meet his mom.
Mom Edwards is a very sweet
and dear lady.  I loved her from
the start.

I was to learn a little later
that when Odell told his mom
about me, he had said
'Mama, there have been two or
three women who may have been
'ok', but this one. . .
she took my heart.'


Are you wondering why I love this man?


Let me count the ways . . .

Never mind.
I believe I will save all that counting
for another day.

Very soon.
My heart can only take so much in a day.
(sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment