Friday, April 1, 2011

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

 I just knew Odell would be a lot of fun.
What I didn't know was how ornery he could be!
By now, he has met my family.
Oh, yes, he is fitting right in.
And feeling pretty comfortable with this girl I might add!
And the feeling is mutual.
Very mutual.


One evening while he was working late, a friend and I went out for awhile to play Bingo.
This friend lived out of town, so occasionally she would sleep on my couch if Bingo finished late.
She and I drove up to my apartment and I saw Odell's truck.
Good.  Very nice surprise!
When I unlocked the door and went in
I expected to see his smiling face.
Didn't happen.
I went through all the rooms of my
one bedroom place.
Okay, that didn't take long.
I called his name repeatedly.  No answer.
I began to worry.
I mean, his truck was parked outside.
Right?
Right.
Had he met with foul play?
(I know. Who says "foul play" anymore?) Anyway...
My friend and I proceeded to walk outside
and around the building, calling for him the entire time.
Upon returning and going inside, there was still no sign of my guy!
I looked behind the shower curtain.
And inside the dryer.
Allright. I admit that was silly.
Maybe not silly.  Just desperate!!
But, as I looked up from my dark thoughts, I saw him standing there.
In the hall.
Grinning at me.
'Where did you come from?'
He glanced up over his head to a vent
in the ceiling.
'No way.  You couldn't have gotten up there!'
He laughed.  He wasn't going to tell me.

It was a few days later that he asked if I wanted to know
where he had been hiding.
Of course I wanted to know!
'I was between the wall and the headboard.' was his reply.
'I almost lost it when you stood there and 
looked under the bed.  I almost grabbed
your leg!'


Seriously??
I could hardly believe it!
Only Odell could fit between the wall and the headboard!


Yes, he was ornery, but he was to soon find out that so was I.
As his daughter, Sally, had said when she met me.
'Dad, I'm so glad you finally met your match!'


Yes, payback was just around the corner. .  .



No comments:

Post a Comment