Monday, May 2, 2011

THIS IS SALLY!

Finally!  I am privileged to meet Odell's daughter, his first born.

Sally flew in from Bakersfield, California, and she and her dad
arranged for us to meet at a Village Inn.

When I first saw Sally, my thoughts were that she looked like
a really sweet and lovely young lady.
Just slightly reserved, and perhaps a bit nervous.
Shy.

It was interesting watching her interact so openly with her Dad.
They laughed a lot together.
It was obvious to see that they had a really special relationship.

This was good.  It's the way I am with my own children.

As the evening progressed, I felt drawn in, also.
I felt a bond developing with Sally.
This girl really loved her dad.
I knew she was being protective of him.
She had to know I was right for him.
Sound familiar?
Remember Christy?? (smile)

Odell and I joked a lot around his daughter.
I could tell she liked our interaction together.
She made a comment that I believe I mentioned earlier...
She said very profoundly,
'Dad, I'm glad you finally met your match!'


I knew I loved Sally from that moment on!





No comments:

Post a Comment