Tuesday, May 10, 2011

THE WEDDING PLANNER

That would be me.  Of course.
I had all the time in the world.
By now, I was jobless.
As my guy loved to say
I was a lady of leisure!

About a week after leaving one of the
three jobs I was working,
(actually, TWO), I had left the other, as well.

And it felt so good!
Odell truly didn't mind.  Actually he was happy about it.
No matter how much he had teased about him being able
to stop working soon.
I knew he was really glad! The truth is
He would have gone crazy sitting around.
Doing nothing.  Letting me bring home the bacon.
That was definitely not my guy!

I was really and truly ready to devote my time to being the wedding planner.
And plan I did!
I was up early every morning.  Usually not my cup of tea!
But here I was enjoying every minute of it!



However, before I could really get down to all the planning details,
My guy had something else in mind.
He wanted to take me to the chapel he had
shown me the night we came back from Arkansas.
Remember?  When he met my Dad and asked
his permission to marry his daughter.

I had fallen in love at first sight when I saw this
little wedding chapel.
Now he wanted to take me there so we could
reserve it for our wedding day.

Sounds great to me!  The rest of the plans could be put off another day.
No problem!
And, after signing a very detailed contract,
My generous guy wrote a pretty generous check
For the privilege of being married in this lovely place!

We drove away feeling really excited!
Really broke.
And really excited!

I was so impressed with this man I loved so much.
He didn't even flinch when the nice lady told him
how much to write the check for.
I had no illusions that I was marrying a wealthy man.
Just a loving, generous man who enjoyed spending
money on his girl!


I knew I could really get used to this! (sigh).

No comments:

Post a Comment