Friday, May 27, 2011

BACK TO THE LISTS!

Planning our wedding was soooo much fun! 
I totally and completely loved every minute of it!

Unfortunately, we found out that Odell's oldest daughter, Sally,
wouldn't be able to make it all the way from Bakersfield.
We knew how much she really wanted to be there, but it was becoming impossible for her to get away from the J.O.B.!
We were disappointed!
It wasn't fair.
For us, but also for her.
However that is life.
And at times life has a tendency to not play fair.
We would understand and move on.
Except now I would need another bridesmaid.

Thankfully, this ended up being an easy one!
Ben's wife, Stephanie, graciously agreed to step in for Sally.
So. . .I now had my four attendants to stand up with me.
My two daughters, my future daughter, and my future daughter-in-law.
Meanwhile, my two sons, along with Odell's son and son in law
would stand up with my amazing husband to be!

Moving right along. . .
Could hardly believe this was coming along so easily.

Candlelighters?
Okay, traditionally, most brides have young
neices or nephews to perform this honor.
Who says we have to always stick with tradition?
Instead, we asked Odell's son, Ben, as well as his son-in-law, Jeff  to light the candles.
We could find no rules that say attendants can't light candles, too!

This would be good.  No short little people (precious as they are)
struggling to reach the top of the tall candelabras.
And, perhaps, knocking one over and setting the platform on fire!
Goodness!  I couldn't even allow my mind to go there!

Ahhh. . .now the really sweet part!
My first granddaughter, Stacee, would be my pretty little flower girl.
She would walk in beside my grandson, Kagen, who would be our handsome little ring bearer.
My heart was so full.
And so happy!
This just may be all the excitement a girl can take in one day.

I think I'll wait until tomorrow to walk down memory lane any further.


After all there was still much to do.
We hadn't even begun to select the music!

List # 4
*Attendants
*Candlelighters
*Flower Girl
*Ring Bearer

DONE.
Wow!  Perhaps I should consider doing this professionally?
Or not.
I always did have a tendency to get carried away by complete and total happiness!

Ok, so I wouldn't look into wedding planning as a future career, but it was hard not to feel a sense of
satisfaction as I watched everything fall almost perfectly into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment