Wednesday, June 1, 2011

MOVING RIGHT ALONG!

I really wish there were words to express how happy I was.
How happy my sweet Odell made me.
Each morning I awakened with the joy of being alive!
The joy of having this wonderful, amazing man in my life.

And planning.  That was also on my mind those busy days!
Oh, and by the way. . .
Did I mention planning?
It was on my mind.
Daily.

I'd been giving some thought to the latest and most current list.
Actually, the first part was really simple.
Colors for my attendants.
Two would be wearing pink.
Two would be wearing yellow.
Easy enough, Right?
I certainly thought so.

In case you are thinking I may have been overdoing these
colors just a little. . .
Let me assure you that simply wasn't the case!
I had learned that while the Chapel furnished the floral arrangements.
They wouldn't be my pinks and yellows.
They would be ivory.
Quite lovely.  Just not what I'd had in mind.

I decided that the bridesmaids dresses would be the way to keep the colors I wanted.
I just wouldn't be shopping for these colors at
Hobby Lobby or Michael's.

I would be looking for these colors in dresses at JC Penney's.
Or wherever I could find them.
And I wouldn't quit shopping until I had found the
perfect shades of pink and yellow!
Which is exactly what I did.

The dresses were simple, but pretty.
No typical Bridesmaids 'poufy sleeves.'
The last thing I wanted was cranky,
whimpering bridesmaids complaining about their dresses!

Next was the cake.
It had to be very special.
It must be beautiful and taste heavenly.
With a gorgeous fountain in the center!
Well, the fountain wouldn't have to be quite that big.
But you get the point.

Thankfully, I knew a lady whose profession was cake decorating.
Perfect! 
I made an appointment with her and our  'dream wedding cake' was in the works!

LIST # 5

* Bridesmaids dresses
* Wedding Cake

Done!  I just couldn't figure out why brides seemed to have
so much trouble planning their perfect wedding!
I was loving every minute!

Well. . .maybe it was a bit easier for me since Odell had made
me a lady of leisure!   How special it was to be loved by
my guy who loved spoiling his girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment