Sunday, June 5, 2011

MISSING MY GUY!

Today I'm taking a little break from our story.
I wouldn't want you, my faithful readers,
to become tired of all the 'wedding lists'.
(smile).

A few days ago was Memorial Day.
My second one without Odell.  The love of my life!
The first one was just a few weeks after he went to be with Jesus.
Was this one any better?  Not really.  Maybe just a little easier.
When Odell left, he took a piece of my heart with him.
The hole will always be there.  The empty place.
The place in my heart that belonged to Odell.
His special place that no one else could ever fill.

Today I just want to share with you a few of the things I miss.
My list is ongoing because I add to it frequently.
There are over 100 one liners so far and the list keeps growing.

Didn't I tell you I'm a list person?

I hope you don't mind my sharing just a very few of the things I miss.

I miss his smile.
And his cute, adorable grin.

I miss the twinkle in those beautiful blue eyes that could
look right thru me.

I miss his voice.  
The first time I heard his voice. . .
in the message he left on my voice mail before we ever met,
I fell in love with it.
It was like no other voice I will ever know again.
Not in this life.

I miss his laugh that always lit up a room.  And always made me laugh.

Even if I didn't see what was that amusing.  His laugh was so infectious!

I miss his touch.  I miss those big hands. . .calloused and work worn.
But mostly gentle.  
And always loving.

I miss so much
hearing him say, 'I love you, honey.  I love you more.'

Thank you for letting me share.
It's not without tears that I write today.

You see, simply put. . .we completed one another.

I love honoring his memory. 
I count it a privilege.
After all, that is the reason I write our story.
And who doesn't enjoy a good love story?
Especially a true one.

I will be okay.  As much as is possible without him.
He would want me to smile and keep laughing.
It's a big part of what made our relationship so special.


Maybe tomorrow I'll get back to those 'wedding lists.'

So stay tuned.  You never know what you may be missing
from his girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment