Tuesday, May 3, 2011

REFLECTIONS...

I recently paused from our story to reflect on
our wedding anniversary.

Today is May 1, 2011.
A very sad and significant day

Please indulge me once more as I remember.
One year ago today I had to say goodbye to my dearest husband.
The love of my life!
I wonder in my heart how it can possibly be a year...
Yet feel like it happened yesterday?
At the same time...
How can it feel like it just happened...
And also feel like it's been forever?

Forever since I looked into those beautiful blue eyes.
And told him how much I loved him.
Forever since I gazed on that endearing smile.
And heard the words from him every day,
'I love you, too, honey.'
Forever since I felt his touch.
His wonderful touch.

Or heard his amazing laugh.
I loved his laugh.
It was so warm. So contagious!
You simply couldn't be around Odell and not laugh with him.

Forever since I watched the joy on his face
as he held one of our beautiful grandchildren.



These are only a very few of the
countless things I miss.




That I will always miss.
Until one day when I am in those strong arms again.

Thank you for letting me share with you, my new friends and dear readers,
some of my thoughts, smiles, and tears.

Tomorrow his girl will continue writing more of our love story. 








No comments:

Post a Comment