Wednesday, August 17, 2011

YA JUST GOTTA LAUGH

Life was so beautiful.  So sweet.  And so funny!

And I was loving my life with the love of my life!  I know I've said it before...just recently, I believe.
It bears repeating!  Life is a gift everyday!  Just open each one.  And enjoy!


I think sometimes we make our own gifts, too.  With humor.  Lots of humor.  Something his girl loves
when it comes to making her guy laugh.  And always aware that payback would be forthcoming!

My friend, Margaret, had surprised us one evening with an unexpected visit.  We hadn't seen her since our
wedding a few weeks earlier.  She said she just had to check in on the newlyweds. We were just sitting down to visit when my plumber man had to go out on a service call.  He leaned down to kiss me goodbye a couple of times. At least. While Margaret sat there enjoying it!  Not the kiss!  Just the watching! (smile).
Aren't we just the cutest couple ever??

It was a good time for us to catch up on what all had been happening since April 2. Our wedding. We sat down on our bed for a chat while I folded our freshly laundered clothes.  I observed some of my hubby's shorts were still damp. I stood up to take them back to the dryer.  Margaret stopped me. 'Hey, why don't we just hang them on the ceiling fan and turn it on?'  Naturally I was all over that one!  What a fun, crazy idea!  We got up on the bed and began hanging them individually from the blades.  Laughing like a couple of school girls!  We got off the bed and I turned on the switch.

WOW!  Bing...whoosh...whop...they flew through the air like a tornado! Landing everywhere.  On the corner of the dresser.  On the floor.  On the bed.
                                                                                           
While we doubled over laughing.    
Nearly in tears.  It would have been a hilarious video!  You know how you get weak when you laugh so hard?  We did.  We fell back onto the bed in hysterics.  There is no way to describe it.  It's just something you would have to witness to fully appreciate!    (Note the one that got stuck)!

Funny, though, how something so ridiculously funny, is not nearly as funny or appreciated by the one
whose shorts dangled gracefully from every corner in our room!  It's true.  My sweet, fun loving, amazing husband, barely managed a laugh.  Actually something more between a smile and a laugh.  Which totally surprised me.  This just wasn't like him.  At all.  I later found out why he was less than hysterical about our joke. He had gotten sick while out on the service call. Acid Reflux was the culprit.  I was somewhat familiar with it now.  He had gotten sick a few times on our honeymoon.  It would be a recurring nightmare throughout our marriage.  Bless his sweet little heart!  Any other time he would have gotten as big a kick out of it as we did.  Well, almost.  When he felt better, he laughed. Not as much as we did.  To be honest...it may not have been so funny to me had it been my unmentionables flying through the air!

If it's true that laughter is the best medicine, neither Margaret or I should have need to see a doctor. Not for a long time.   But  my heart went out to my darling Odell.  I snuggled close in his arms that night.  I felt such a protective instinct.  Just to take care of him.  The way he took care of me.  I didn't want him to ever hurt.  This was my husband, the one I completely adored, the one I loved.

And I knew I could always make him laugh...tomorrow.
Unless he got to me first!  



                                                                



No comments:

Post a Comment