Saturday, August 6, 2011

TODAY...

It's raining.  God so graciously opened the Heavens and let the rain come down to the parched grounds everywhere. What a wonderful blessing!  I believe God enjoys sending showers to His earth and reminding us all that HE is indeed in charge!

Today I opened the door.  And I smiled as I watched the rain.  But I felt sad, too.  Because I'm enjoying it alone.  I remember how much Odell and I loved standing outside together in the rain.  Smelling it.
Watching in wonder the beautiful patterns of lightening.  Listening to the rolling, magnificent thunder.  He usually commented that his mom always told him God was 'moving His tater wagon.'   I heard He was moving
his furniture around.  Funny the ideas people get.  (smile).

I stood at the door this evening and inhaled.  But I couldn't smell the rain.  I almost cried.  I think that may
have been one thing we shared together that was for us...now it was gone.  Someday it may come back.
If it doesn't,  I will always hold that beautiful memory in my heart.  Among so many others. 


And I will always remember...sometimes with smiles and sometimes tears.


And one day soon we'll again be together.  And there will be no more tears...
And guess what?  There may actually be rain in Heaven!  After talking with my daughters about wondering if it rains in Heaven...I think it might.  I think watching the raindrops dancing on the
River of Life would be beyond beautiful. 


So...wait for me, my love.
We will share that pleasure once again...                               





                                                                        

2 comments: