Tuesday, August 30, 2011

AND THIS IS LORI

My second daughter. With 'Daddy-O.' This picture depicts such affection. I love it!  She loves it.  And, yes, Odell enjoyed it.
Lori didn't play a part in attempts to find her mama the 'perfect guy' the way her sister, Christy, did.  I'm sure you will remember the 'dates' she so lovingly arranged.  The ones I took a friend, Gina, along with me on.  So that I wouldn't feel quite so silly.  Not that it worked.
Total disaster.  But so funny. . .

Amazing how different sisters can be. Some comment that they look so much alike. Others disagree. All I'm sure of is how they have each been blessed with their own unique personalities and talents.  I was completely amazed when Lori learned to quilt several  years ago.  And such beautiful quilts!  I've lost track of how many she's made.  Two have been made especially for me!  How special is that? I confess I'm amazed at this talent. Simply because I don't know where it came from!  I barely sew on buttons.  And not particularly well at that.
Also not so proud to admit it.  (smile).  Here's the first quilt she made me one Mother's Day. So pretty!


Well. . .Mamas are proud people. If you're blessed to be a mom yourself, you know 'that's what I'm talkin' about.'

Lori is very sweet. With a quiet, gentle spirit.  And quite lovely.  Something she and her sister share.  Beauty. Yet each in their individual way.

 When my girl met Odell for the first time, she whispered to me,  'Oh, Mama, he's cute!'  Naturally, I agreed with her assessment of my guy!

Knowing Lori was a little shy, Odell got quite a kick out of teasing her.  Asking her if she was ready to ride off in the sunset with him. 


Lori is blessed to have a great husband, Kyle, (which reminds me of a story on him that I will have to tell later). For now I will say he is a great son in law.  More importantly, a loving and supportive husband and dad.  And the best part of all. . .
their two children, two of nineteen beautiful grandchildren between Odell and me.  Josie and Andrew.  
                             

And somehow between quilting, caring for a husband, two big boxers, and two busy little people, she manages to divide time between two jobs. One of those being her husband's construction business.

So there you go. . .our second daughter. Who loves God. Her husband and children. Her siblings. And her mama. And so many others. I just wanted to share her with you. I would say it's obvious I didn't mind sharing her with Odell.  (big smile here).  Knowing he loved all my children as his own, and that love was so returned, had to be one of God's most treasured gifts of my life.

While this brief segment features my youngest daughter, all our children are beautiful gifts. And our children's children.


I'll be sharing the others along our journey.  Our children and our grandchildren.

And their relationships with my guy...you know...the one I'm always talking about.







                                      

                                                                                      




                                    

















No comments:

Post a Comment