Monday, October 10, 2011

HAPPY CAMP ROAD...

This was it...Happy Camp Road.

Just the sound of it made me smile. Maybe because I just knew we would be happy there.  As if it were named years ago just for us...Mr. and Mrs. Odell Edwards.  I know. I get a little sentimental at times.  Well,  guess what? His girl will take sentimental and happy over discontented and sad any ole day.

Odell and I were feeling pretty excited about this new venture together.  While neither of us had ever lived in a double wide...or any size mobile home, we decided it might be fun.  I knew my hubby could hardly wait to put out a nice, big garden.

Getting all moved in was much easier with the help we could always count on from my son, Donnie, and his family. Sometimes all the kids were available to pitch in, as well.
And such friendly neighbors, too! In case you're now wondering if I ever exaggerate just a little...
I confess to doing that...but not when it comes to more serious parts of  'our story'.
I know! Can you believe it? Six weeks at the Ramada and it still wasn't enough time for the mobile home dealership to properly set up our new home!

It was a blessing to have such four amazing grown children and their families. I was beginning to understand God's reason for creating these special little creatures we affectionately call 'kids'.  (smile).

Not long after settling in our nice new place, (funny how this house is even smaller than the first little one we moved from because it was too small), my guy was totally into preparing a portion of the land for our garden.  I had heard comments from family about the amazing tomatoes he and God together always managed to produce!  I so thoroughly loved seeing my husband so passionate and excited about something he so completely enjoyed.

There would be memories to share from our little spot on Happy Camp Road.

I look forward to sharing some of those with you, my faithful readers.  Next time.

At this very moment...I just want to share what is left of this evening with my sweet, lovable, distinguished, handsome guy.  So, if you will indulge his girl, I promise to get back with all of you just a little later...









No comments:

Post a Comment