Monday, February 27, 2012

LEAVING HAPPY CAMP ROAD

Oh, my goodness, where do I begin?

Life on Happy Camp Road was happy.
Stressful at times. Rivers to cross. A few dark valleys.
Still...happy. There was no other way to be when we
were together. We wouldn't let circumstances...good or
bad...define who we were. Or dictate our happiness.

Most of the rivers and valleys had a name.
ME.  I was in the accident that subsequently landed me
in Rehabilitation for six weeks. It was me with the hip
fractures and subsequent hospitalization. It was me
with the hospitalization for congestive heart failure and
pulmonary hypertension diagnosis. Not what I ever wanted
to hear. Having the deep love and faithfulness of this
amazing man God blessed me with...to stand by me
through it all...that's what you want. (smile and big sigh).

Our reason for leaving was the fact that our mobile home was not
properly set up. Our floors were becoming soft and 'mushy'.
It was actually possible to step through these areas if not very
cautious. Most definitely the threat of leg fractures or something
worse, didn't thrill us. It was time to move on to greener pastures.

Wait. Did I just say 'greener pastures?' How about 'city sidewalks' in
Broken Arrow? A two story house. Close neighbors. Barking dogs.
School buses. Noisy teenagers.

Definitely not country living. No acreage. Just a large enough back yard
for my guy to put in a garden. Sadly, it wouldn't be huge. Yet I had no doubt
it would be good. Odell never did anything halfway. My mouth would soon be
watering once again for his wonderful tomatoes!

 I admit Waco Street didn't have the same cheerful ring as Happy Camp Road...
but that was okay.  We knew whatever road God led us to, therewith to be content.
And happy.  Looking forward to making new memories here. And always,
always in love...


Happiness isn't the place you live.
It's knowing the one you love is there with you...
   











1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture of you guys!
    While you're in Broken Arrow, why not tell the "sippy cup" story? ;)

    ReplyDelete